Gwydir Castle is situated in the beautiful Conwy Valley and is set within a Grade 1 listed, 10 acre garden. Built by the illustrious Wynn family c.1500, Gwydir is a fine example of a Tudor courtyard house, incorporating re-used medieval material from the dissolved Abbey of Maenan. Further additions date from c.1600 and c.1828. The important 1640s panelled Dining Room has now been reinstated, following its repatriation from the New York Metropolitan Museum.
Location: Half mile W of Llanrwst on B5106.
OS Ref: SH795 610